LOCTITE EA 3473 is a fast curing, steel reinforced, two-part epoxy designed for making fast and curable repairs to a variety of metals. This product is typically used in applications with an operating range of -30 °C to 95 °C (-22F to 200F). Typical applications include stripped threads, repairing leaks on pipes and elbows, rebuilding worn shafts and work surfaces in pumps and coating metal surfaces subject to wear. Further information on the product can be obtained from the local technical department: email@example.com Steps to achieve the best adhesive results:
1. Remove dirt, oil, grease, etc. with a suitable cleaner, e.g. high pressure water cleaning system using Loctite SF 7840 (Loctite Natural Blue cleaner/degreaser).
2. Blast all surfaces to be coated with a sharp edged angular grit to a depth of profile of 75 to 100 microns and a degree ofcleanliness of Near White Metal (SIS SA 2½ /SSPC-SP 10).
3. After blasting, metal surfaces should be cleaned with waterless cleaner, e.g. with Loctite SF 7611 (Loctite Pro Strength Parts Cleaner), and be coated before any oxidation or contamination takes place.
4. Metal that has been in contact with salt solutions, e.g. seawater, should be grit blasted, high-pressure water blasted, and left for 24 hours to allow any salts in the metal to sweat to the surface. A test for chloride contamination should be performed. The procedure should be repeated until chloride concentration on the surface is below 40 ppm.Storage:
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location. Storage information may be indicated on the product container labeling.Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties. Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return product to the original container. Henkel Corporation cannot assume responsibility for product which has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than those previously indicated.Parameters:
- Typical properties of cured material:
- Hardness (Shore'a D) : 80
- Compressive Strength, ISO 604 : 51 N/mm²
- Tensile strength : 27 N/mm²
- Tensile modulus : 6,71 N/mm²
- Working temperature : -30 °C to +95 °C
- Color : grey paste
- Shear strength after 7 days (temperature 23 °C).
- Shot-blasted steel : 15 N/mm²